RMS DropPlot Application
The RMS DropPlot application lets you create graphs of RMS II band
scan data files by simply dragging and dropping the data files onto
the application's Finder icon. You may drag and drop any number of
band scan data files onto the DropPlot icon, and the data in those
files will be consolidated and then plotted in KaleidaGraph.
CPU: Any 680x0 or PowerPC Macintosh, PowerBook, or clone
Memory Usage: 1.0MB
Disk Usage: 0.5MB
Network: none required
OS: System 7.5 or later, including System 8 or 9
- RMS DropPlot application (v9.0)
- KaleidaGraph v3.0 or later (full version)
- Copy the application file "RMS DropPlot" to the Mac's hard
- Install KaleidaGraph according to the instructions provided
with that application.
- Remove (or hide in a StuffIt archive) any older versions of
- Make sure you have AppleScript installed and enabled in your
- Restart your Mac and rebuild the desktop (restart your Mac and
then hold down the Option and Command keys just after the row of
icons at the bottom of your screen finishes appearing but before
the desktop windows appear).
- To use, just drag and drop one or more RMS II band scan data
files onto the DropPlot icon. After a short time, the KaleidaGraph
application should open and the graph should appear within that
- If the files won't drop onto the RMS DropPlot icon, or if
KaleidaGraph can't be found, make sure that you have rebuilt your
desktop as described above.